forum   Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e) : Inscription :: Identification | Recherche Forum

Stricter rules introduced for renting out rooms in Brussels?

WSP
Pimonaute assidu
Lieu : Brussels

Re : Stricter rules introduced for renting out rooms in Brussels?

grmff a écrit :

You probably think that there is no need to register short term contract because there is no consequence on the short term contract.

But remember that a short term contract will be transmogrified automatically in long term contract at the end of it, if you did not stop it 3 months in advance.

I only assumed the tenant is supposed to send em a notice when she/he doesn't want to renew. Now I know I need to make sure to send a notice myself 3 months in advance in case, at least before end of third year, if I don't want it to end up as long term contract.

Thanks for the pointer. I had been simply overlooking this fact.

grmff
Pimonaute non modérable
Lieu : Sibulaga, Onatawani

You probably think that there is no need to register short term contract because there is no consequence on the short term contract.

But remember that a short term contract will be transmogrified automatically in long term contract at the end of it, if you did not stop it 3 months in advance.

WSP
Pimonaute assidu

Thank you Grmff

That puts me in peace of mind. Although, I will do the needful to register the PIM template based contract ASAP, although it is more than 2 months since it has been signed

grmff
Pimonaute non modérable
Lieu : Sibulaga, Onatawani

I am renting out an apartment on short-term PIMs contract, valid for one year. Being a short-term contract, this contract doesn't need to be registered as well. Just curious I am not running into any non-compliance

(1) Does it affect only Brussels capital region only? Since when are these rules coming into action?
(2) where can we find the original rules of this new/strict rules? French or Dutch?
(3) What does private basis mean? Without a contract between tenant and landlord?
(4) What is the taxation effect on rental income henceforth?
(5) How does the new rules influence with short term-contracts based on PIMs template, valid for one year, renewable max 3 years? This is not even registered with authorities

0. All contract must be registered. Including short term contracts.

1. I've not seen the news rules anywhere. I suppose it's only for Brussels.
2. No ideas.
3. Private vs hotel. This policy is very probably for the private renting appartment by the week to the tourists. It is not for the contract for "résidence principale"
4. No idea on the impact on the IPP. Probably the tax department will try to include this "business" in higher level of taxes. For instance in "professionnal revenues"
5. My best guess is that it will affect the very short term contract. Otherwise, it would have been a national law, and we would have lots of source for this regulation.

WSP
Pimonaute assidu

Stricter rules introduced for renting out rooms in Brussels?

I read an article inxpats.com Stricter rules introduced for for renting out, quoted below:

Renting out guest rooms on a private basis in Brussels will become subject to stricter rules, according to new laws that impose a number of obligations on property owners. Non-compliance with the new rules risks a fine of between €250 and €25,000.

More than 5,000 people are thought to be renting out a room or apartment in Brussels on a private basis, and the numbers are growing every as it is becoming a fashionable way to earn extra money.

The Brussels regional authorities are now requiring those renting out a room to register at their municipality; the extra income has to be reported to the taxman, and they will have to comply with safety standards.

Renting out guest rooms on a private basis in Brussels will become subject to stricter rules, according to new laws that impose a number of obligations on property owners. Non-compliance with the new rules risks a fine of between €250 and €25,000.

More than 5,000 people are thought to be renting out a room or apartment in Brussels on a private basis, and the numbers are growing every as it is becoming a fashionable way to earn extra money.

The Brussels regional authorities are now requiring those renting out a room to register at their municipality; the extra income has to be reported to the taxman, and they will have to comply with safety standards.

I am renting out an apartment on short-term PIMs contract, valid for one year. Being a short-term contract, this contract doesn't need to be registered as well. Just curious I am not running into any non-compliance

(1) Does it affect only Brussels capital region only? Since when are these rules coming into action?
(2) where can we find the original rules of this new/strict rules? French or Dutch?
(3)  What does private basis mean? Without a contract between tenant and landlord?
(4) What is the taxation effect on rental income henceforth?
(5) How does the new rules influence with short term-contracts based on PIMs template, valid for one year, renewable max 3 years? This is not even registered with authorities sad

Pied de page des forums

Pim.be : votre forum de l'immobilier résidentiel belge depuis 2002.

Les dernières discussions sont ici » Récentes | Sans réponse
Règlement du forum | Liste des membres