forum   Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e) : Inscription :: Identification | Recherche Forum

Rent guarantee

grmff
Pimonaute non modérable
Lieu : Sibulaga, Onatawani

Re : Rent guarantee

The day of the "check out", you can have your own expert. Then, you pay your own expert, and the landlord pay his own expert also. It might be a good idea if you really fear that the expert will not be "fair".

The check out is the time to hand over the keys.

I have no idea where to find general information on check out in english.
Here are the info I give to my tennants:
-appartment must be 100% empty
-apparment must be clean: toilet without "tartre" nor "calcaire", windows clean, inside and outside of kitchen cabinets. Also above. Lamp bulb everywhere. If there is a cellar, don't forget to clean it also.

Red
Pimonaute
Lieu : Brussels

Thanks for your help with this.
Is there somewhere I can find general info about exit reports? Is it a good idea to get my own expert? How long does he take to produce the report after he has visited and when do I actually hand over keys?

grmff a écrit :

Then, the landlord has a BIG problem...

If you put him to court, he will have to pay...

grmff
Pimonaute non modérable

Then, the landlord has a BIG problem...

If you put him to court, he will have to pay...

Red
Pimonaute

grmff a écrit :

Then, you have to read all radiators at the same time. Otherwise, you can't divide the bill correctly.

Usually, the total is made once a year. Meaning that you don't know the cost before the end of the accounting year+a few months.

Yes, they are read at the same time in June. Money is then refunded to syndicate. By September usually he has worked out the bill. He has done this but apparently landlord says he still cant refund money.

grmff
Pimonaute non modérable

Then, you have to read all radiators at the same time. Otherwise, you can't divide the bill correctly.

Usually, the total is made once a year. Meaning that you don't know the cost before the end of the accounting year+a few months.

Red
Pimonaute

grmff a écrit :

I'm not sure what you paid to him, and how he did share the bill between the 3 appartments. It seems strange to me.

The meter is a kind of tube with liquid, evaporating all year long? In this case, it's impossible to "read the meter". If you post a picture of the heater, it'll be easier to understand.

Exactly that: we pay charges on top of our rent for the heating. The radiators are 'read' then the money from 3 apartments is evened out, depending on % of usage. The head of the syndicate supposedly works this out.

grmff
Pimonaute non modérable

I'm not sure what you paid to him, and how he did share the bill between the 3 appartments. It seems strange to me.

The meter is a kind of tube with liquid, evaporating all year long? In this case, it's impossible to "read the meter". If you post a picture of the heater, it'll be easier to understand.

Red
Pimonaute

grmff a écrit :

Heating is electric?

No gas - boiler shared by 3 apartments. We stopped using it as he installed an electric waster heater which pushed up our bills considerably, so had to cut down on the gas bill.

grmff
Pimonaute non modérable

Heating is electric?

Red
Pimonaute

grmff a écrit :

As for the electricity, do you pay it to the land lord, or to an electricity company?
Which region (Brussels, Flanders or Wallonia) do you live in?

Directly to the landlord, then the radiators are 'read' . Incidentally we have never seen the paperwork as he has always been vague about producing it, but only when asked he admitted he owed us. As we didn't use the heating last year that's not surprising!
We're in Brussrls.

Red
Pimonaute

grmff a écrit :

I hope you did not destroy anything. It was just an example. But it's the idea: you're still responsible.

Will the landlord put you to court if you don't pay what youought him? No idea. It's costly and an assle to do. But, in the end, you will have to pay all expenses: huissier, lawyer, translation of the judgement, internationnal huissier, etc.

Beware, it's really expensive and some landlord can go quite far on "the principle"

Did you read this story of this landlord, really pissed off by his tenant who left after 5 years, paid nothing, had no money (insolvable) ? When the landlord realized his was not the first, he braught the case to justice. Penal justice.

Ok thanks. I just think he's making life difficult as we have been such good tenants - allowing him to drop in with only a couple of hours notice being a good example.

grmff
Pimonaute non modérable

As for the electricity, do you pay it to the land lord, or to an electricity company?
Which region (Brussels, Flanders or Wallonia) do you live in?

grmff
Pimonaute non modérable

I hope you did not destroy anything. It was just an example. But it's the idea: you're still responsible.

Will the landlord put you to court if you don't pay what youought him? No idea. It's costly and an assle to do. But, in the end, you will have to pay all expenses: huissier, lawyer, translation of the judgement, internationnal huissier, etc.

Beware, it's really expensive and some landlord can go quite far on "the principle"

Did you read this story of this landlord, really pissed off by his tenant who left after 5 years, paid nothing, had no money (insolvable) ? When the landlord realized his was not the first, he braught the case to justice. Penal justice. ANd spent 5 more years and 15.000€ to get him in jail for fraud...

Believe me. Some landlord can be pissed off when they feel the tenant is not correct...

Red
Pimonaute

grmff a écrit :

Probably you don't have a standard guarantee, but a "caution bancaire". It means you did not put the money on an account, but paid fora kind of insurance. And did not renew the insurance...

In fact, it's probably against your contract. It's your fault if there is no more warranty.

In fact, the landlord can not expect anything from the bank. The contract with the bank is over, and the bank is out of the picture. But it doesn't mean that you have no more responsibility.

If you destroy your appartment, of course you are still responsible of your appartment. So, it's normal to make the "check out", eventually with an expert if the contract say so.

In fact, the bank is right to say the land lord can not ask them anything. But they are very wrong when they say the landlord can not charge you anything!!!

Ok thanks. We haven't destroyed anything. The landlord has already been round twice and said he doesn't expect there to be any major charges. Will he take us to court after we have left the country? And also he had held on to our electricity overpayment since July - how do we get that back?

grmff
Pimonaute non modérable

Probably you don't have a standard guarantee, but a "caution bancaire". It means you did not put the money on an account, but paid fora kind of insurance. And did not renew the insurance...

In fact, it's probably against your contract. It's your fault if there is no more warranty.

In fact, the landlord can not expect anything from the bank. The contract with the bank is over, and the bank is out of the picture. But it doesn't mean that you have no more responsibility.

If you destroy your appartment, of course you are still responsible of your appartment. So, it's normal to make the "check out", eventually with an expert if the contract say so.

In fact, the bank is right to say the land lord can not ask them anything. But they are very wrong when they say the landlord can not charge you anything!!!

Red
Pimonaute

Rent guarantee

We took out a rent guarantee with the bank 10,5 years ago. When I checked at the bank they said this no longer existed as it expired after 9 years and it was not renewed. They also told me therefore that my landlord can charge us nothing when we leave the apartment.  Is this correct? If so, how do we tell the landlord that - who is still insisting on finding an expert to do an exit report?

Pied de page des forums

Pim.be : votre forum de l'immobilier résidentiel belge depuis 2002.

Les dernières discussions sont ici » Récentes | Sans réponse
Règlement du forum | Liste des membres