forum   Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e) : Inscription :: Identification | Recherche Forum

Indexation du loyer

thetenant
Pimonaute

Indexation du loyer

Dear Pimmy&Co,
My landlord decided to raise my rent out of the blue... Actually, there is a special mention in my contract about 'indexation des loyers' -- indexation due au bailleur a chaque date anniversaire de la prise en cours du bail -- with the usual formula (loyer de base*nouvel indice/indice de base).
My tenancy started 01- 01-2007 and the contract was signed 31-12-2006. So there are no anniversary date that I can see...
What do you think ? Anything I could do ?
Also: I am surprised to see the index going up rather than down with the crisis in the construction sector and so on... Any thoughts on that ?
Thanks a lot for your help, as ever,
The tenant

grmff
Pimonaute non modérable
Lieu : Sibulaga, Onatawani

Re : Indexation du loyer

Yop

What is the rent on the contract (without expenses)?

If rent was 100 on 1/1/2007 (anniversary date), the rent should be 106,37 now. Crisis is there, inflation is back, and oil price hiked cost of life.

thetenant
Pimonaute

Thanks for your swift reply.
Rent is 1050 and actually, tenancy started on 1/2/2007 (that's when I moved in).
I thought oil prices decreased considerably last year and the construction sector was hit by the crisis with lower demand !
Bests,
The tenant

PIM
Pimonaute non modérable
Lieu : Uccle, Bruxelles, Belgique
Site Web

See our explanations (sorry: in French) on our special page about "indexation des loyers": here

grmff
Pimonaute non modérable
Lieu : Sibulaga, Onatawani

Hello

Rent increase in Belgium is regulated by law. The base is monthly rent, the date of signature of the contrat, and date of the start of the contract.

If you move in 3 months later, the contract doesn't change, neither the basis.

With a contract signed in 12/2006 and a start of contract on 1/2007 with a rent of 1050€, the rent from january should be 1.116,87 EUR.

Details of the calculation on fgov (official belgian government website!):
http://statbel.fgov.be/indicators/cpi/r … 01&y2=2009

Pied de page des forums

Pim.be : votre forum de l'immobilier résidentiel belge depuis 2002.

Les dernières discussions sont ici » Récentes | Sans réponse
Règlement du forum | Liste des membres